October 19, 2008

Parent Weekend and Texas State Fair

Well, I have not written in a while and thhough I would post some pics for you all! You will notice the first few are of Jason, Mr. & Mrs. John and Jean Turnbull. Then you will notice the Glass crew! Jason's parents came down from Wellston, Oklahoma, near Shawnee, Oklahoma to go to the Gaither Homecoming Concert and to meet my parents. We all ready had a great time and I enjoyed everyone's company. Please come back to visit, I love company!!!!!


The other pictures that I have posted is our trip to the Texas State Fair, this was Jason and my second year to go to the State Fair. We arrived about noon and left around 7:30p, we walked ALOT, more than we did last year. We did not ride anything, I cannot take all those spinning, round and round, rides. Last year, we rode the huge Farris Wheel, but this year we went to all the exhibits, Markets, Dog Show, Bird Show, Auto Show, Museum's, Science and Nature Exhibit, and walked by the Butterfly Garden. Did I mention, we ate and ate, lots of Fair food: Pizza, Corny dogs, nachos, pizza and yes, the famous Fried Cookie Dough (picture below). The weather was nice and we really enjoyed ourselves, well, Jason looks like we this might be a yearly event! :) Well, I will go for now, until next time love you all!!





"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."





Psalm 62:8


































Butterfly Garden


The Famous Farris Wheel






My two favorite animals!

























Fried Cookie Dough,ummmmm!!!





















1 comment:

Melissa said...

It looks like you guys had a blast at the fair! We are so bummed! We thought they didn't have the petting zoo anymore...now we've missed it for this year! Oh well! Glad you had fun!