April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend 2009

Hope everyone had a great Easter! I went to Dallas for the Easter weekend and I was off on Good Friday, I have not been off on Good Friday in like 5 years, it was great! Jason and I went to the Dallas Zoo on Friday, it was a pretty day and you know me took pics, below are a few of my favorites. Friday afternoon, Jason and I went to his Church for a Good Friday Service, a time to look back on the events that happened on Good Friday (the day we call Good). I had never been to a Good Friday Service, but it was awesome, it was a quiet, somber service, reflecting back and thanking our Savior for the events that happened on that Good Friday. There was the Lord's Supper and just a time to reflect and pray. We watched a video at the end that made reference to "This is Friday, but Sunday's a coming" I loved it! I think a lot of times we just pass right through Good Friday, not even realizing our Jesus, suffered, bleed and died on the cross for ALL our sins! Wow! I often wonder what it was like on that day, the bible talks about geographical things that happen, during the day, it became dark, earthquakes and the curtain was torn.... I wonder how many people including me, many of Good Fridays in the past, just went through the day never thinking once about what went on thousands of years ago on that hill....



The rest of the weekend was very relaxing and Easter Sunday was great!! No hunting Easter eggs, but Church and lunch at Pappadeaux's was delicious. Well until next time! Love you all!










Jason loves taking pics for Tabby, NOT.


One of my favorite animals!





The closest I have ever been to a Gorilla, he was chillin!



No comments: